Catherine is a native Atlantan and a graduate of the University of Georgia (cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) in 1986 and the University of Georgia School of Law in 1989. She attended UGA Law School with the Castellow Scholarship. She was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 1989 and joined Fox Chandler in 1992. Catherine is a member of the Gainesville-Northeastern Bar Association (President 2017-2018; Officer 2014-2017), the Wyc Orr Inn of Court, and the Family Law Section of the Georgia Bar Association. Catherine is a former Special Assistant Attorney General. She has been an active member of the State Bar’s High School Mock Trial Committee since 1991 (Committee Chair 1996-1997).
Catherine’s community and civic involvement has included: Hall-Dawson CASA Board of Directors, Hall County United Way Section Chair, Children’s Center for Hope and Healing Board of Directors, Northeast Georgia Medical Center Auxiliary, Enota Elementary PTA Board, Centennial Elementary PTA Board, and Pinecrest Academy Touchdown Club Officer. Catherine and her husband Brian have two sons who are currently enrolled in law school.
Divorce and other times of family law litigation are frequently very stressful periods. Catherine focuses her practice exclusively on family law, helping her clients navigate complex, difficult situations with compassion, experience and personal attention.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Honors: Castellow Scholar
- University of Georgia
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Georgia, 1989
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1989
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1990
- Gainesville-Northeastern Bar Association, Member (Past President 2017-18)
- The E. Wycliffe Orr Sr. American Inn of Court, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section , Member
- State Bar Mock Trial Committee , (Chair 1996-97)